Spex SamplePrep is Available on GSA and ECAT
Tissue Homogenization and Cell Lysis
For Biotechnology and Forensic applications effective cell disruption and DNA/RNA extraction are critical. SPEX SamplePrep’s tissue homogenizers aid scientists by providing high-throughput sample preparation solutions at both ambient and cryogenic temperatures.
Spex SamplePrep is Available on GSA and DLA/ECAT Through GSS!
NEXT GENERATION GENO/GRINDER IS HERE!
POWERFUL, MINI TISSUE HOMOGENIZER
- Automated mechanical disruption through bead beating, ideal for high-throughput cell lysis applications including DNA/ RNA extraction, protein extraction and pesticide residue analysis.
- *NEW* Programmable touch screen control panel for run time, rate, cycles and pause time. Up to 500 protocols can be saved for recall. USB Port to upload run history.
- Designed for vigorous up-and-down shaking of deep-well titer plates, vial sets, and centrifuge tubes.
- Optional Kryo-Tech® Accessories enable cryogenic grinding and preserve temperature sensitive samples for RNA and protein extractions.
- Adjustable clamp with a release button that allows users to secure vials or titer plates of various sizes, including 2mL, 5mL, 15mL and 50mL vials.
- Typical sample processing time of 1-2 minutes.
- Ambient lighting added to view grinding process through large window.
1600 MiniG® Details
- Window in lid allows you to see the grinding process.
- Clamp typically holds up to two titer plates or 48 x 2mL vials or 48 x 5mL vials when stacked.
- Clamp also accommodates taller vials such as 15 x 15mL or 6 x 50mL falcon tubes.
- Lid has a safety interlock switch that stops the motor if the lid is opened during thegrinding process.
- Optional Kryo-Tech® Accessories enable cryogenic grinding and preserve temperaturesensitive samples for RNA and protein extractions.
- LCD display screen shows run times in minute : second format.
- Rate & timer controls allow you to adjust speed and set time. Start and stop buttons allow you to start and stop the grinding process.
SPEX SamplePrep offers a FREE Demo program, allowing you to try products in your laboratory for 1 week for free! You only pay the cost of shipping. The Sample Grind program allows you to send SPEX SamplePrep your sample for a test grind. They will grind it in their laboratory and return the ground sample to you with a detailed report.
SPEX® SamplePrep was founded in 1954 to provide superior sample preparation equipment and supplies for laboratories world wide. Our products are used to prepare samples for a wide range of applications including XRF analysis, DNA/RNA Extraction, Pesticide extraction, Borate Fusion and mechanochemistry. Our goals is to ensure is to make the sample preparation process simple while increasing throughput, ensuring reproducibility and to minimizing cross contamination.
Sign up for the quarterly GSS Resources Newsletter, an eNewsletter that delivers new technology and news, straight to your inbox.
12351 Sunrise Valley Drive
Reston, VA 20191
13894 Redskin Drive
Herndon, VA 20171
258 Lindbergh Avenue
Livermore, CA 94551
New Mexico Branch
2701 Broadway, NE
Albuquerque, NM 87107
10903 McBride LN
Knoxville, TN 37932